In our society today, as I have stated a lot on this blog, our pursuit of beauty and sexuality has become an unnatural obsession. In our technological age of the Selfie our search for external validation to insane beauty standards has only increased narcissistic tendencies and a dissatisfaction with how we look. We prick and poke ourselves to make sure others can ” like” us. We literally make ourselves to be objects , especially young girls. As a consequence, there is an obsession over being beautiful. Well let’s look at some advantages of being ugly :
A couple of advantages to being ugly :
1. No one is ever ugly to someone they love.
2. Here are some unconventional people who are amazing despite having been told they are ” ugly”
Sasha Baron Cohen
All succesful , have been loved and are so incredibly talented. They don’t rely on their looks they rely on all the things that WON”T change over time which is their God given talents.
3. The people that will love you will love you for your confidence and personality. That can only get better quicker.
4. You don’t have to worry about other people’s opinion on you and you can focus on your opinion of yourself
5. No one cares when you die if you were beautiful.
6. Beauty is overrated. Generosity , kindness and love never is.
7. Even if you are beautiful, people might not take you seriously or think you have no problems. You are never beautiful enough. A lot of people develop body dysmorphia or issues with plastic surgery because they think they have to be perfect all the time.
8. Every single guy that I have known who is not that handsome has married girls who are amazing inside and out. Someone, somewhere appreciates what they have to give. While for women it’s harder to come by, I have met some girls who have quality husbands/ boyfriends. That’s because the people who DO notice you are gonna notice you for the right reasons. You don’t have to filter though / go through hoops with women or men who don’t want you for the right reasons.